Baked Pork and Apple Casserole
Yield 4 servings
This dish is all suited for the fall season as apples, pork and thyme are three flavors that are often combined together with amazing results.
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, sliced in 1 inch thick medallions
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cans (15 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 red apples, with skin, quartered
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Heat a pan to a medium-high heat and cook the pork medallions in 1 tbsp of the cooking fat, until well cooked, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Set the pork aside, add the rest of the cooking fat and cook the carrots, mushrooms and onions for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Mix the coconut milk in a casserole with the thyme, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Add the cooked vegetables (carrots, onions, mushrooms) as well as the cooked pork and quartered apples.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/baked-pork-and-apple-casserole/