Chicken Curry Salad
- 1 and 1/2 lbs cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 heaping Tbsp yellow curry powder to taste
- 1 apple (tart or sweet, your preference), peeled, cored, and diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (just lightly packed)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Add yellow onion to large fry pan and cook. After a few minutes, when the onions are beginning to get translucent, add 2 heaping tablespoons of yellow curry powder. Cook a few minutes more, stirring frequently. If the curry sticks to the bottom or the mixture gets dry, add a bit more olive oil to the pan. As you stir, scrape up the curry bits.
- Add onion mixture to chicken and mix well, coating the chicken pieces with the curry infused olive oil. Refrigerate until cool.
- Mix in the apple, green onions, and cilantro. Serve.