Working with Dr Hagmeyer
Functional Medicine Testing and Approach-Working with Dr Hagmeyer
Our Signature program was specifically created for those suffering from a chronic illness or for those with a more complicated case history. These are patients who have been bounced from doctor to doctor and still have no answers or improvements in quality of life.
WHO IS THE IDEAL PATIENT FOR THE SIGNATURE COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM
This is a very comprehensive approach that leaves no stone left un-turned. The Signature program was designed specifically for the person who is suffering with any of these conditions or multiple conditions at the same time.
- Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin Resistance
- Heart disease
- Leaky Gut (intestinal Hyperpermeability)
- Autoimmune disease (Hashimoto’s, Graves)
- Thyroid Disease
- SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
- SIFO (Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth)
- PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- IBS-C, IBS-D, IBS-M
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Celiac Disease, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Chronic pain
- Chronic Headaches, Migraines and Dizziness
- Chronic fatigue Syndrome
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Other Complex Health Problem.
The way that Dr. Hagmeyer works with patients differs considerably from the conventional medical model you may be accustomed to. Our office focuses on Holistic and Functional Medicine. We DO NOT prescribe medication nor are we to take the place of your Primary Care physician. Instead, we will focus on the root cause of your health problems implementing a holistic Functional Medicine approach. Functional Medicine looks at how to nurture your body back to health with diet, nutritional supplementation, lifestyle changes and education.
Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the process.
As A New Patient, Your Treatment Is Broken Into Two Phases:
- The Case Review
- Treatment Plan and Recommendations
- What You Can Expect Treatment to be like
- Customized Nutrition and Meal Planning
- Lifestyle Education
- Check Points
- Kinds Of Testing
Each phase is described in more detail below.
PHASE 1- THE CASE REVIEW
The Case Review is the first step for all new patients with complex health problems. This is where Dr Hagmeyer will read your story. This is where all the details of your life matter! This is your chance to share your life-story and give Dr Hagmeyer a glimpse into your daily struggles, and stressors. Patients will type up a health narrative based on specific questions we have put together. Ultimately this is your story and your opportunity to tell Dr Hagmeyer everything you want him to know about your health. This is an important component to your case. By listening closely, reviewing and investigating your health history with more detail, Dr Hagmeyer will be able to determine the most appropriate lab testing to uncover where your problems are rooted.
The Case Review is designed to save money and time in the long-term by performing the RIGHT diagnostic testing right out of the starting gate. This way we can see how the missing health pieces of your health fit together and speed up the healing process. A foundational philosophy within our practice is “test, don’t guess.” Identifying the underlying metabolic imbalances and underpinnings that are contributing to your health concern is the key to a successful and lasting outcome. The right data helps ensure the correct treatment approach.
The initial Case Review and new patient evaluation at our center is comprised of Two Steps:
STEP ONE- CASE REVIEW : INITIAL REVIEW OF RECORDS
This initial 60-90 minute appointment is for us to make sure that we have all of the information needed to gain a comprehensive understanding of many of the factors affecting your health.
As part of the Case Review, a New Patient Coordinator will provide you with the Case Review health history paperwork to complete. It is important that you spend time and energy completing these intake forms, as they are vital in helping us understand your case. The New Patient Application paperwork includes:
- A detailed health and medical history questionnaire
- A questionnaire of your chief complaints and most important health goals
- An assessment of your most troubling and frequently experienced symptoms
- A 7 day diet questionnaire
- A survey of your current supplements and medications
- Metabolic Assessment Questionnaire and Neurological functional Screening questionnaire.
Note: We do feel that it is important for us to review previous labs and records. Please provide and submit any blood work and testing (last 6 months) to our office with your New patient application. Dr. Hagmeyer will review these at the time of your Case Review. Dr Hagmeyer only accepts a limited number of patients per month into the signature program. This ensures that our patients get the quality of care they deserve and the time they need.
After Dr Hagmeyer has familiarized himself with your New Patient Application, Health Records, Past Testings, Metabolic Assessment forms, Neurological Assessment form, Health Narrative, and 7 day food diary, Dr. Hagmeyer will:
- Review your past results of blood work and testing and what he found.
- Recommend Functional laboratory Testing, specifically tailored to your personal case and your health goals.
- Review your diet and initial recommendations to implement. (If applicable)
- Recommend initial supplements and lifestyle changes for you to begin. (If applicable)
- Review the costs for testing and getting started.
Once you complete your recommended lab testing.
If applicable, Dr Hagmeyer will often start a modified 30-day Reboot Program. Here we will implement initial Dietary recommendations and initial supplements. This will give you a jump-start on healing, while we wait for your lab test results. Lab results take on average 3-5 weeks for us to receive. Once lab tests have been reviewed, Dr Hagmeyer will then design a treatment program and review his treatment recommendations as well as the cost of the treatment plan.
Phase Two: The Report of Findings. This typically occurs between 3-5 weeks after the Initial Consultation. Unlike standard blood work that only take 2-3 days, Functional lab testing can take 3-5 weeks before we receive your results.
STEP TWO OF THE CASE REVIEW: REPORT OF FINDINGS
The Case Review Step two or “Report of Findings” visit is a 60-90 minute appointment with Dr Hagmeyer. There is no additional charge for this appointment. It is important that you have access to a computer for this consult because Dr Hagmeyer will be using a screen sharing program- that enables you to see Dr Hagmeyer’s computer screen.
At the Report of Findings visit, Dr Hagmeyer will:
- Help you understand exactly what was found and help you gain an understanding into how Dr Hagmeyer wants to tackle your challenges.
- Answers– You will walk away from this appointment knowing exactly what your test results indicate why you feel so bad.
- Understanding– Dr Hagmeyer will discuss the suspected underlying patterns and immune triggers that are contributing to your symptoms and making you feel ill.
- Review– Dr Hagmeyer will review his Recommendations for Treatment and Cost of your Treatment plan including dietary counseling and lifestyle management.
FEES FOR THE SIGNATURE PROGRAM- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The Case Review is the fastest and most efficient way to determine the underlying causes of your health problems and design an effective treatment plan. While a Case Review may cost more than a typical initial visit to a doctors office, it is designed to save you money and time over the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation before treatment begins.
Cost of testing varies from person to person and is largely dependent on the complexity of your case, your goals, the number of tests you need and kinds of tests performed.
Here is a breakdown of the costs involved in the Case Review and follow up visits so you can plan accordingly.
- Case Review, Report of Findings, and Recommendations for testing $695 (60-90 minute consult)
- Lab Testing-varies from person to person- and depends on the patients goals. Dr Hagmeyer will make his best recommendations based on the information presented. In some cases, testing may be able to be scaled back to meet your financial budget and your goals if needed.
What kinds of Tests will Dr Hagmeyer Recommend?
Due to customized nature of the Signature program, each patient and the testing that patient needs varies. Dr Hagmeyer does not have a cookie cutter approach to testing based on the diagnosis you have been given. Some of the tests may include Amino Acid Testing, Hormone testing, Heavy Metal Testing, Food Sensitivity, Gluten Cross Reactivity, Fatty Acid Metabolism, Oxidative stress, Nutritional deficiencies, Leaky Gut, Hydrogen and Methane Breath Testing, Cytokine testing, Lyme disease,Lyme and Co-infections, Parasite testing, Fat malabsorption, Urine Organic Acid Testing, Estrogen and Hormone Metabolism panels, Genetic Testing, Methylation-MTHFR, COMT, etc
On average, the total you should expect to pay for the entire Case Review process including Initial Review of Records, Follow up Visit, Report of Findings (60-90 minutes), and discussion of Recommended Lab testing with Dr Hagmeyer is $695.
The only fee that you commit to is the fee for the Initial Review of Records/ Case Review of $695. When you order on line with the order now option (bottom of the page) you will save $100 off the normal case review fee. Your case Review is $595
IS TESTING AND TREATMENT WITH DR. HAGMEYER AFFORDABLE?
We are very sensitive to our patients needs and understand that the majority of testing needed in chronic complex cases is not typically covered by insurance. This is why we spend the time we do during the initial case review process. By understanding your case from the very beginning, we can eliminate any unnecessary testing, saving you time and money.
Every case is different and we do our best to limit testing to the areas that will provide the greatest amount of objective data. Any successful treatment plan that focuses on getting to the root cause, will be dependent on testing data. Without testing- we are guessing.
Chronic, long standing cases require more complex testing and due to the Holistic nature of Dr Hagmeyer’s practice, insurance companies fail to recognize this. We suggest that ALL perspective patients fill out a short questionnaire that will help Dr Hagmeyer understand your top 5 Health problems and your budget for testing.
If Dr Hagmeyer does not feel your budget would accommodate your level of recommended testing, given your health concerns and problems, you will receive an email notifying you of Dr Hagmeyer’s decision.
The short questionnaire is titled “Not sure which program is right for you? Take the Quiz” See bottom of this page.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY TREATMENT PLAN?
If you have been accepted as a patient and you decide work with Dr Hagmeyer, based on your lab ﬁndings, a customized treatment plan including working with one of Dr Hagmeyers Certified Clinical Nutritionists and or health coaches will be included in your treatment plan. This ensures accountability, compliance and most importantly results. We find patients benefit tremendously from this integrative team approach.
What Do you mean by Check Points?
We have left no detail out in our Signature Comprehensive Program. Your personalized program will include strategic check points to monitor your progress, and the effectiveness of your Program. These Check points and phone follow ups are designed to make sure you don’t feel overwhelmed and that you have a lifeline.
Initially these appointments may be every couple of weeks and are once again based on your test results. These check points are designed to ensure you are taking the proper dosage of your prescribed supplement, address any questions, you may have and keep you motivated and focused.
Every 12 weeks you get the opportunity to update your goals and objectives. To accomplish this patients complete the following paperwork. This paperwork offers incredible insight into tracking your progress.
- 7 day food diary
- Progress Questionnaire
- Metabolic Assessment forms.
- Neurological Assessment forms.
- Condition specific paperwork
WHAT KIND OF TESTING IS OFFERED AT DR HAGMEYER’S OFFICE
This varies from person to person depending on many variables and factors. This is the exact reason why Dr Hagmeyer performs such a comprehensive assessment. We want to make sure that no stone has been left un-turned. Dr Hagmeyer offers a wide range of testing. Some of these tests include but are not limited to,
- Hormone testing both male and Female
- Adrenal Gland Testing
- Thyroid Testing- Full Panel including antibodies
- Amino Acid Testing
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Chemical and Immune Reactivity Screening
- Neurological Autoimmune Reactivity Screening
- Food Sensitivity
- Gluten Sensitivity Testing – Cyrex labs
- Predictive Antibody testing
- Food Immune Reactivity Screening
- Fatty Acid Metabolism
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Leaky Gut
- Hydrogen Breath Testing
- Cytokine testing
- Estrogen Metabolism
- Chronic infections (Epstein Barr, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes Simplex 1+2, HHV-6, etc)
- Blood Brain Barrier Permeability
- Joint Autoimmune Reactivity Screening.
- Lyme disease and Co-infections
- Stool testing
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) testing
- Urine Organic Acid Testing
- Estrogen Metabolism panels
- Genetic Testing
- Methylation and many others.
I’m Ready to Get well. I want To schedule A Case Review with Dr Hagmeyer. Save $100 off the case review when you order on line.
- I don’t have any Health challenges or health problems, I am looking to Optimize and Maximize my Health with a wellness program and prevent future Health problems.
- I Want to Schedule a Free 15 minute Consultation and see if I am a good candidate for Care.
- I Want to Schedule a Functional Nutritional Consult– Nutritional counseling for those who needs some guidance on what to and what not to eat.
- 30 minute phone consultation– Ask me anything
- I Need a quick 30 Day Liver and Gut Detoxification Protocol
- Have questions? Check out our FAQ Section.
If you haven’t watched Dr Hagmeyers Video below, Now is a good time to view it.
In this video Dr Hagmeyer Explains Functional Medicine and How he approaches Chronic Health problems.
Take this simple questionnaire and someone from our office will contact you to review your results.