Nutrition Services – Services Provided by Dr Hagmeyer
Our Goal at DrHagmeyer.com is to help you experience the quality of life you deserve. Far too many people reach out to our office saying, “I Just want to feel like my old self again” We believe not only can you feel like your “old self” again- But we Believe you can feel better than your old self and we can help do that!
There is an emerging new specialty within the field of nutrition called Functional Nutrition. Food is much more than calorie counting or carb counting. Functional Nutrition is the science behind optimizing and individuals diet based on their lifestyle and sometimes their health challenges.
Just as Functional Medicine approaches the body from the perspective of treating the root cause of disease, Functional Nutrition looks at the foundation and how food affects your body at the cellular level.
Working with a functional nutritionist can help you be most effective at implementing your nutritional treatment plan, avoiding common pitfalls, and optimizing your health outcomes. With your own personal nutritionist, you will be able to:
– Utilize the most effective single or multi-layered (combination) therapeutic diets
– Simplify the implementation of complex, layered food plans into a single, personalized plan to follow
– Ensure that the plan is nutritious and do-able, that restaurants and favorite snacks are included, as possible
– Request menu plans and recipes that match your own food preferences, cooking style and ability, equipment, and lifestyle
– Identify what roadblocks are getting in the way of your success and gain the knowledge, skills, and motivation to overcome them
– Assistance with dietary expansion after the therapeutic stage is complete
– Regular contact and support. Your nutritionist walks your journey with you!
Dr Hagmeyer and the nutritionists that work with him, have extensive training to determine nutritional and lifestyle imbalances and to how to use food as medicine. There is no one diet that is perfect for everybody.
Common Dietary approaches used
- AI Paleo
- GFD aka Gluten Free diet
- Low FODMAP
- Elemental Diet
- Ketogenic Diet
- Low Glycemic
Review detailed health history intake questionnaire and previous test results (if applicable) – with this information I am able to prepare thoroughly for our session so that we can make the most of our time.
- Review of your Metabolic stress patterns
- Review of your Neurological stress patterns
- Review of 7 day Food Journal
- Assess your lifestyle
- 30 day Nutritional Diet plan
- Dr Hagmeyer’s “H” Protocol Nutritional and Dietary Book
- Dr Hagmeyer’s Recipe Book- more than 120 pages of amazing recipes including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Smoothie and juice recipes
- Detailed recommendations and next steps.
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Education and written summary-Interpretation of your Metabolic and Neurological stress patterns
- Unique customized healing protocol based on metabolic stress patterns and previous health history – prepared before, and finalized during your session so that we can make the most of our time together.
- Detailed recommendations on diet, lifestyle strategies and other modalities available to support healing.
- Comprehensive and holistic natural supplement protocol reccomendations to address metabolic and neurological stress patterns. ie gut, adrenal, blood sugar, hormones, detoxification, liver, thyroid, etc
- Detailed written report with a summary of results, recommendations and next steps.
- Duration: 30-45 minutes
- Review progress and any changes in symptoms.
- Refine and update your protocol to reflect where you’re at with your healing journey.
- Ongoing education around the use of diet, lifestyle strategies and supplements.
- Identify and order any additional or follow-up testing as required – always at wholesale prices where available.
- Updated written report with recommendations and next steps.
- Duration: 30 minutes
Discounted Family Packages Are Available
What Happens after I purchase the Nutritional Consultation
- You will be receive an email with our our new client Nutritional Consultation Assessment Forms.
- Print up all forms and submit completed paperwork back to our office.
- Once your forms have been received, you will be scheduled for your 60 minute consultation.
- All Nutritional consultations are done over the phone. If you live out of state or out of the country- No problem. We currently work with patients out of state and International.
- You will be called or emailed a confirmation
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition is a great option if you want to:
- Discover the root cause problems that are keeping you sickGet access to functional lab testing to uncover the hidden stressors in your body
- Troubleshoot common problems like gut infections, food sensitivities, hormonal imbalances and liver toxicity
- Look at your body holistically, instead of just chasing symptoms
- Use natural therapies backed by science instead of synthetic pharmaceutical alternatives
- Customize your diet and supplements based on a healing protocol for YOUR body
- Learn to understand the systems of the body and how to take control of your own health
- Work with someone who has dealt with chronic digestive issues themselves
We work with clients who:
- Are committed to restoring their health to 100% function
- Want to learn more about their body so that they can take control of their own health and healing long term
- Are willing to make the necessary changes and investment required to improve their health
- Have tried other approaches, conventional or otherwise, that haven’t worked
We don’t work with clients who:
- Are happy to be dependent on medications or very restrictive diets for life to control their digestive symptoms
- Feel that making the necessary diet and lifestyle changes are too inconvenient or impossible for them
- Want a quick fix or magic pill to solve their health problems
- Aren’t prepared to take responsibility for their own health and healing
Recommended Testing-Blood Testing- If you need help obtaining these we can help! For the Most comprehensive analysis, we recommend ALL markers found under:
CBC, lipid panel and the chemistry/metabolic panel.
Chemistry/ Metabolic Panel
- Glucose Uric acid
- Creatinine BUN eGFR
- Sodium Potassium Chloride Co2/bicarbonate Calcium Phosphorous
- Total bilirubin
- Serum iron
- Alkaline phosphatase (ALP)
- LDH (lactate dehydrogenase)
- Total protein Albumin Globulin, total
- Lipid Panel
- Total cholesterol LDL
- VLDL Triglycerides
CBC (complete blood count)
- Neutrophils %
- Lymps %
- Eosinophils %
- Monocytes %
- Basophils %
Additional Tests – “Additional Tests” as listed below may also be analyzed.
- Hemoglobin A1C
- CRP (c-reactive protein)
- B-12, Folate
- Thyroid panel: TSH, FT3, FT4, RT3, T3U, TT3, TT4, TPO Ab, TGB Ab
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
- CRP and Hs CRP (C-reactive protein)
- Vitamin D, 25 hydroxy and 1,25 Vitamin D