Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Banana Crumb Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 2 – 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, butter and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together the almond flour, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- For the topping, mix the almond flour, coconut palm sugar, butter and cinnamon with a fork or pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter, evenly sprinkle with topping and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.