Gluten Free Grain Free Coconut Flour Pancakes
Yield 12 small pancakes
This recipe has been adapted from she cooks clean
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup half & half or coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- coconut oil or butter, for frying
- In a small bowl, beat eggs vigorously until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, salt).
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry; mix WELL.
- Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. Batter should be really thick, like brownie batter.
- While batter is thickening, preheat a griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
- Add butter or coconut oil, if needed.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle, spreading the batter out to 2-3-inches in diameter.
- Cook for a few minutes, until the top starts to dry out and the bottom is lightly brown, then flip the pancakes over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with butter and berries.