- 1 lbs sweet potatoes or yams, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large sprig rosemary, leaves picked
- 3 Tbsp cooking fat or olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, skin still on, but smashed
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a pot filled with salted cold water, place the sweet potato cubes and bring to a rolling boil. As soon as it boils, drain the potatoes into a colander and let them steam and dry a bit.
- Meanwhile, using a mortar and pestle, roughly grind the rosemary leaves.
- Heat a roasting pan on the stove top on a medium-low heat. Add the fat/cooking oil, rosemary and sweet potato cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Without cooking, mix everything well.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes, until crisp-tender. Stir the potatoes occasionally during the cooking process for even cooking.