Green Beans with Roasted Fennel
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into ½ inch wedges (reserve ¼ cup fronds)
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- zest of one lemon, plus 3 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in lower third of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, toss green beans with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss fennel wedges with remaining Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then flip fennel and add green beans to the cookie sheet. Roast until beans are crisp-tender, 12-15 minutes.
- To serve, transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with lemon juice, lemon zest and fennel fronds.