Ground Turkey and Asparagus Soup
- 2 lbs uncooked ground turkey breast
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 12 asparagus stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 tsp snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium low fat chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey, radishes, celery, bell pepper and garlic until meat is brown and veggies are tender. Drain off fat.
- Add chicken broth, asparagus, sage, thyme, rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover; and simmer 10 to 15 minute. If desired, garnish with additional sage.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://drhagmeyer.com/ground-turkey-and-asparagus-soup/