Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 8 oz. gluten-free elbow pasta (I like Tinkyada)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup FODY Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard (check ingredients label for FODMAPs)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder (if tolerated)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain into a colander and rinse with cold water.
While macaroni is cooking, sauté bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Add the beef and scallions. Brown and crumble beef until no longer pink. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain grease. Transfer back into skillet and add tomatoes, water, ketchup, mustard, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook about five minutes.
Gently fold in the rinsed macaroni and cheese. Continue to simmer until cheese is melted and macaroni is heated through, about five minutes more. Serve.