Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 1 lb. beef stew meat cubed
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fody Garlic Infused Oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Fody Vegetable Soup Base
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (7 oz. jar) sliced champignon (button) mushrooms, drained
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the meat, flour, salt, and pepper. Shake to evenly coat the meat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and brown on all sides, making sure you get nice brown, flavorful crust on the meat. Remove skillet from heat and transfer meat to a plate and set aside.
De-glaze the pan with the wine, scraping up any brown bits. Return skillet to low heat and let wine simmer until reduced slightly. Stir in the water and bring to a simmer. Stir in the vegetable soup base to dissolve, followed by the reserved meat.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender. Add more water if necessary.
Before serving, stir in butter and mushrooms. Cook until butter is melted and mushrooms are heated through.
Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or gluten-free pasta.