Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 1/3 cup milk (lactose-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup Dianne’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend (8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened (lactose-free if needed)
- 2 2/3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (the remainder of the stick of the butter used for making the cake)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9” square baking pan with cooking spray. (An 8” square pan may be used instead – see note on baking time.)
In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the milk and lemon juice. Stir and let sit to make a buttermilk substitute.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the 1/3 cup butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the milk and lemon juice mixture. Add the flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until smooth and evenly combined.
Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top of the middle springs back when lightly touched. (If using an 8” square pan, bake 40 to 45 minutes.)
Cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
For the frosting, beat the 2 2/3 tablespoon butter with the cream cheese and vanilla until evenly blended. Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cooled cake.