Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 8 cups low FODMAP chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Salt and pepper
- Add broth and rice to a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is cooked about 15-20 minutes.
- Place egg yolks into a medium bowl and beat lightly with a whisk. While continuing to whisk, slowly(!) pour about 1 cup of hot broth into the beaten eggs. Then slowly whisk mixture back into the rice mixture.
- Add chicken and lemon juice to rice. Cook for five minutes or until everything is warm. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve soup warm topped with optional garnishes.