Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons FODY Garlic Oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced
- 3 cups Low-FODMAP Chicken Stock (made using turkey bones*)
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup lactose-free milk (I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 8 oz. jar sliced champignon (button) mushrooms, drained
- fresh parsley for garnish
Melt butter and garlic oil together in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute the carrots, celery and scallions in the butter and oil until softened.
Add the stock, turkey, potatoes, salt, basil, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Whisk the gluten-free flour into the milk, stirring until there are no lumps. Add the milk mixture and mushrooms to the pot and bring back to a simmer. Cook until the soup is thick and bubbly and the potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes more.
Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.