Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 medium common tomato, diced (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ to 1 small jalapeno pepper, sliced in half (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk + ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Sea or kosher salt
Serving Suggestion: Cooked rice
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add diced tomato, ginger, and (optional) jalapeno halves. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add canned lentils, coconut milk, water, turmeric, garam masala, cumin, and coriander. Stir to mix. Bring mixture to a brief boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If used, remove jalapeno pepper halves. Stir in lime juice, and adjust flavor with salt.
- Serve dal warm over rice and topped with optional garnishes.