Low FODMAP | Recipe
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free) or Coco Aminos
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, cut into 1-inch cubes
Optional garnish: Sliced green onions (green parts only)
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, and optional red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add tempeh pieces and cook, flipping occasionally, until sides are browned. Remove cooked tempeh from pan and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- In the now-empty pan, add sauce and cook over medium-high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat, add cooked tempeh and stir to coat.
- Serve warm topped with optional sliced green onion tops (green parts only).