Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/3 cups crushed tomatoes (from a 28 oz. can)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz. gluten-free lasagna noodles, broken into 2″ pieces (about 8 noodles)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley for serving (optional)
Place ground pork and beef in a large skillet. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt. Brown and crumble over medium-high heat. Drain fat.
To the skillet add crushed tomatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, Italian herbs, basil, and ground black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about five minutes.
Add the water and lasagna noodle pieces and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, reduce heat again, cover and simmer about 20 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
Stir in ¼ cup of the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese. Top with dollops of the ricotta cheese and sprinkle evenly with the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella.
Cover and cook 5 minutes more, or until mozzarella is melted and ricotta is heated through.
Serve with fresh chopped basil or parsley if desired.