Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown rice // I like to use Birdseye Steamfresh Frozen Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 (20-ounce) package lean ground turkey
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons low FODMAP taco seasoning // see notes for alternative
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (or 1 cup dairy-free cheddar-style shreds)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9” x 9” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- If not already cooked, prepare the brown rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic-infused oil and ground turkey. Cook the turkey, breaking into crumbles, until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the cooked brown rice, diced tomatoes, green chiles, low FODMAP taco seasoning, and cumin. Stir to mix. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly on top. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for 18-20 minutes or until the rice mixture is warm and bubbling. Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty. Remove from the oven and cool for several minutes.
- Serve warm topped with optional sliced green onion tops (green parts only) and fresh cilantro.