Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut in half lengthwise- You can also use any choice of meat you like
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free) or Coco Aminos
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon fish sauce, optional
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- Wrap tofu in a clean towel. Place a heavy object (like a cast-iron skillet) on top of tofu for 20 minutes to press out extra moisture. Unwrap and cut pressed tofu into ½-inch cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu, without crowding, and cook, turning occasionally, until tofu is golden brown.
- While tofu is cooking, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, (optional) red pepper flakes, and (optional) fish sauce. Pour over tofu and stir to mix.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add spinach and coconut milk. Continue to cook until spinach is wilted and everything is hot (about 5 minutes).
- Serve warm topped with optional chopped cilantro.