Low FODMAP | Recipe
- 500 g turkey mince
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 egg (beat whites to stiff peaks first)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Take the turkey mince out to the fridge a few hours earlier, to bring it back to room temperature. I ask you to do this for two reasons: one is that the meat should be room temperature before cooking and second reason is that you will be mixing the mince with the other ingredients with your hands and this way they won’t feel the cold!
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C (fan setting).
- Whisk the egg white to from stiff peaks.
- Place the turkey mince into a large mixing bowl, adding the fresh chopped parsley, the seasoning and the egg yolk. Mix it well with you hands. Then add half of the beaten egg white and mix it with the meat, using a spatula this time. In the end carefully fold in the rest of the egg white into the meat mix.
- Take a long and deep roasting tin (one that you would use for making bread) and place a silver foil or a baking paper inside, using butter or other fat to stick it to the sides. It is to make sure that the terrine won’t stick to the sides.
- Bake for 45- 60 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool in the tin for about 15 minutes.
- Serve it with creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables for dinner or sliced thinly on sandwiches.