Low Histamine | Recipe
- 4 organic apples (any kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Monk Fruit Extract
- ½ teaspoon Navitas Organic Camu Camu powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon Organic Cardamom powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon Raw Organic Vanilla Powder, divided
- 2 Pinches of Redmond Real Salt
- ¼ cup grass fed ghee or Virgin Coconut Oil, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Monk Fruit Extract OR 10-20 drops Organic Better Stevia
- ½ cup of chopped, organic pecans (soaked and dried)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Use ghee or coconut oil to grease a 6×9” glass baking dish.
- Wash apples and slice into ¼” slices. The quercetin is mostly in the peel, so I leave the peel on.
- Mix together 1 pinch of salt and ¼ tsp each Monk Fruit Powder, Camu Camu powder, Cardamom powder, and Vanilla powder. Toss apples with this mixture.
- Arrange apples in bottom of the baking dish.
- Put ghee or coconut oil, chopped pecans, 1 pinch salt, Stevia or Monk Fruit, and ¼ tsp each Camu Camu powder, Cardamom powder, and Vanilla powder into a food processor.
- Pulse the nut crumble mixture until well combined and the ingredients start to stick together. Don’t over process.
- Layer the crumble mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until apples are soft and cooked through. Keep an eye on the topping to make sure it doesn’t burn. If topping starts to get too brown, lower temperature or cover the dish.
- This freezes well. Enjoy and freeze the leftovers!