Low Histamine | Recipe
- 250 grams Butternut Squash 1/2 a medium squash
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves approx 1/4 bunch
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or lemon juice – optional
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black or White Pepper optional
Heat the oven to 170C (340F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut squash into chunks leaving the skin on. Roast for about 30 minutes until completely soft. Allow to cool, peel off skin and drain off any excess liquid.
In a food processor, blend the basil leaves to a paste then add the macadamias and olive oil. This can be left slightly chunky or made smoother depending on your preference.
Add the squash pieces, (optional – lemon juice), cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Place in a small bowl and serve.