Low Histamine | Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 (maybe 2) tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt (or 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon (omit for low histamine)
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons buttery coconut oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender (except the coconut oil).
- Blend until smooth.
- Use a spatula to quickly transfer the batter to a bowl, it will go from fluid to thick in a few minutes.
- Let the batter sit in the fridge while you heat a large skillet over medium heat. IF your batter hasn’t thickened to almost a paste-like consistency, add the extra tbsp of coconut flour.
- When the skillet or griddle have come to temperature add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to it.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook 3 minutes then flip and cook another 3 minutes. Add more coconut oil to the skillet for the next batch of pancakes.
- Makes about 6! Top with extra buttery coconut oil and fresh berries!