Low Histamine | Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ medium red onion, sliced (or 2 scallions)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut or avocado oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt*
- optional: fresh ground black pepper, to taste (AIP omit)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash and trim the asparagus – chop about 1 inch off the firm (lighter) end without the buds.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the asparagus and chopped onion in the oil. Season evenly with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the asparagus begins to brown.