Lower FODMAP | Recipe
- 4 cups cooked low FODMAP pasta (I like Taste Republic Gluten-Free Fettuccine)
- 1 (15-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained (or 2 medium freshly roasted red bell peppers)
- ⅓ cup canned 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 cup low FODMAP milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: If using freshly roasted red peppers, start with the next section of instructions before moving to the pasta step.
- Cook low FODMAP pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and toss with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Place roasted red peppers, pumpkin puree, olive oil, milk, tapioca starch, basil leaves, and nutritional yeast into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Once sauce reaches a simmer, reduce heat and continue to stir until it just slightly thickens. Add pasta and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta warm with optional garnishes.