Paleo Banana Almond Pancakes
Yield 10 pancakes
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (plus more for oiling the griddle)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees F (or heat a skillet over medium heat).
- Combine the banana, eggs, walnut oil, milk and cider vinegar in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the almond flour, flax, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and stir until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Lightly oil griddle or skillet surface with walnut oil. Pour batter onto griddle using an 1/8 cup measure or a heaping tablespoon (pancakes need to be small for best results as they have no gluten to hold them tightly together). Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles pop on surface of pancake. Continue cooking other side until golden brown.