Paleo Banana Fudge Cupcakes
Yield 50 mini cupcakes
This recipe is from a blogger over at lifeasaplate.com and is a great recipe, the kids love it!
Mix the almond butter and honey by hand to create a “mousse” with the avocado, eggs, banana and rest of the ingredients and folded it into the almond butter. This creates a very cake-like batter consistency.
Cooking times will vary based on the size of the cupcakes, or the pan if you decide to make this into a bread/brownie. For the mini cupcake, it was about 15-18 minutes. According to the blogger, larger cupcakes would be between 22-25, and a cake or brownie pan would be around 30-35 but it is suggested that you check them often.
- 2 1/2 c. almond butter
- 1 1/4 c. honey (or you can lower this to 3/4 c. and add an additional banana)
- 2 lg ripe bananas
- 3 medium avocados
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter and honey.
- In a blender or mixer, beat the eggs, banana, vanilla, cocoa powder and avocado to form a mousse-like consistency OR Mix the almond butter and honey by hand to create a “mousse” with the avocado, eggs, banana and rest of the ingredients and folded it into the almond butter. This creates a very cake-like batter consistency.
- Add baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold into the almond butter to make batter.
- Pour into mini-cupcake tin (use the paper, it really makes a difference)
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes depending on size and desired consistency.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/paleo-banana-fudge-cupcakes/