Paleo BLT Sandwich
Yield 2 servings
This is a special bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich made with two flattened chicken breast halves instead of the bread. This recipe flavors the mayonnaise with dill and garlic, but feel free to play around or to simply use plain mayonnaise.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 ½ tbsp homemade mayonnaise or to taste
- ½ tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the flavored mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise with the dill and garlic in a bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and cook the bacon until nice and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the halved chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten them with a meat mallet.
- In the same skillet you used for the bacon and using the rendered bacon fat, cook the flattened chicken breasts until well cooked, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the skillet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare a sandwich by spreading half the flavored mayonnaise on one of the breast halves, covering with a lettuce leave, 2 bacon pieces and tomato slices. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Repeat for the other sandwich.