Chicken and Cauliflower Stew
Yield 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pre-grilled) and chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups low fat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and core the cauliflower, then coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Heat a large, deep pot over medium heat, then add the olive oil. Next add mushrooms, celery, and garlic. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until they’re soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped cauliflower and cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and water, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the cauliflower and some of the broth to a blender or food processor. Cover the top with a dish towel to protect yourself from splatters, and purée the cauliflower until smooth, adding more broth as necessary.
- Pour the purée back into the soup pot, then add the sea salt, pepper, chopped chicken, chopped carrots and prepared soup. Stir to combine and cook over medium until heated through. Garnish with freshly chopped kale or spinach if desired. Serve immediately
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/paleo-chicken-and-cauliflower-stew/