What We Test
The Female Hormone Panel is a simple, non-invasive test that can be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Eleven saliva samples are collected during specific time periods throughout the menstrual cycle. They are then evaluated to see where the cycle is “off”
The FHP™ can also be used to detect and monitor the following:
- Functional infertility
- Influence of diet, exercise and other lifestyle factors on the cycle
- Menstrual problems originating in the brain
- Early pregnancy problems- spontaneous miscarriage
- Cycle irregularities, following the use of birth control pills
- Dysmenorrhea- painful and heavy periods
- Migraine headaches
- Cystic ovarian disease
- Early osteoporosis
5 Reasons Why a One-Day Female Hormone Blood Test Doesn’t Make the Grade
Without doubt, such a one-day hormone test promotes patient compliance and fits in nicely with a busy schedule. But the relevant issue is whether the data gathered by this test gives an accurate account of a woman’s entire cycle. We don’t think so, and here’s why:
1. Every woman’s cycle is unique.
Duration, ovulatory timing, luteal phase length, and estradiol and progesterone patterns vary so much that a single-day sample, no matter how “complete,” can’t compare to the detailed data offered by a multi-sample test. In sports terms, a one-day test is like evaluating a quarterback’s performance during a game using four photographs taken in the third quarter.
2. Hormones follow a circadian rhythm.
To reflect this rhythm accurately, specimens are collected throughout the cycle at the same time of day, determined by the patient’s convenience.
3. A single-day snippet of a woman’s month-long cycle may or may not correctly identify luteal phase failure or estrogen dominance.
Though the one-day saliva test in question has been compared to our 11-vial FHP™, it doesn’t offer the same detailed picture of hormonal changes over the cycle, necessary for a confident diagnosis of either luteal phase failure or estrogen dominance.
4. One size does not fit all when testing female hormones.
The pattern of progesterone deficiency (follicular and/or early, middle, or late luteal phase), which may produce menopausal or menstrual problems, must be evaluated completely. This pattern then points the way toward an appropriately designed treatment program, which may include biphasic progesterone supplementation.
5. A one-day assay is meaningless for evaluating women with fertility problems.
This single test does not provide invaluable sequential FSH and LH measurements, nor does it address multiple issues that may be interacting to cause infertility
The Personalized Cycling Female Hormone Profile and Consult includes:
- Cycling Female Hormone Testing
- One on One consult with Dr Hagmeyer to discuss test results
- A Review of A Metabolic Assessment Screening/Questionnaire form – this helps to identify any additional hidden metabolic imbalances that may be a contributing factors. (Thyroid, Blood sugar, SIBO, Leaky Gut, Adrenal, Hormones, Toxicity, Electrolytes to mention few)
What Are My Treatment Options?
A Personalized treatment program and cost of treatment plan will be recommended after your test results have been reviewed.
Does Insurance Cover this test?
I have a Flex Spending account- Can I use This?
Do I have to go to a doctor’s office to have this test done?
No- This test is a saliva test and can be done in the privacy and comfort of your own home. Testing includes prepaid shipping materials and everything you need to ensure proper delivery to the lab.
How long will it take to receive my Test Results?
Results are received within 2-3 weeks from the time the lab has received samples. Our office will notify you when test results have been reported.
Are There instructions that come with this test on how to collect my specimen?
Yes- The kit comes with easy to follow instructions
Will Dr Hagmeyer discuss the test results with me?
Yes. Dr Hagmeyer will review the test result with you. Each test comes with a 30-45 minute post test review/explanation.
Can I cancel my test If I change my mind?
One we have placed the order for the test- We are unable to issue a refund.