If you recently took one of our health quizzes, it may have been recommended that you start your healing journey with a 7-day food diary and consult.
This is a great place to start if you are struggling with any kind of health problem and looking to implement dietary changes.
Time: Get your results 7-14 days after test.
No- This test is done at home and comes with prepaid shipping materials and everything you need to ensure proper delivery to the lab.
Web results are posted within 7-14 business days. Our office will notify you when test results have been reported.
Yes. The kit comes with easy to follow instructions
Yes. Dr Hagmeyer will review the test result with you. Each test comes with a 30-45 minute post-test review/explanation.
One we have placed the order for the test we are unable to issue a refund.
Hormone imbalances in men can contribute to:
Decreased muscle mass and strength
General fatigue/decreased energy
Increased risk for coronary artery disease or heart attack
Hair loss or thinning
Increased fat accumulation
Decreased bone density or osteoporosis
Compromised immune function
Irritability and depression
Order Your Personalized Male & Hormone Test Profile which includes:
- Comprehensive Male & Hormone Test.
- One on one consult with Dr. Hagmeyer to discuss Test Results
- Recommendations for a Treatment plan and cost of treatment if necessary.
Learn More About The 7-Day Food Diary & Consult
Our Team of Functional Nutritionists Can Help Implement
- Autoimmune Paleo
- Low FODMAP
- SIBO Diet
- Low Histamine
- Low Oxalate Diet
- Low Carb
- Low Glycemic
- Leaky Gut
If you need help implementing any of these diet, Our team of Functional Nutritionists can help.
Functional nutrition focuses on the interplay between the food we eat and the way we feel. Eating the wrong foods day in and day out can have devastating health consequences.
Blood sugar problems like hypoglycemia/hyperglycemia, gastrointestinal issues, Heart disease, diabetes, weight gain, hormone problems are some of the most common problems related to the choices we make and the diet we consume.
Diet is our foundation for good health, but it can also be the foundation for poor health.
By assessing a 7-day food diary, we can not only understand how the foods you might be eating are contributing to your health problems, most importantly, we can create a roadmap that will start the process for healing.
Whether you have specific health concerns or are simply ready to upgrade your wellness, nutrition lays the foundation and keeping a 7-day food diary of what you eat, can reveal some major loopholes in your goal for achieving wellness.
About The 7-Day Food Diary
The idea of tracking something with pen and paper sounds archaic, right? But, writing things out by hand helps us pay closer attention. We can have vague ideas about our health habits until we actually see them on paper. Then, the truth often doesn’t match the story we’re telling ourselves.
That’s why at our clinic, we’re fans of this 7-day food diary. If you want to “eat better,” first you have to see what you are currently eating. Seven days gives will give us a solid snapshot of where to start with you and how to implement and creating the best dietary approach for your success.
7 Things You Can Learn From A 7 Day Food Diary and Why We Use Them:
- Learn how much you’re eating and Nutrient Density. Often we have a vague idea of how much we ate over the past week, thinking things like, “I didn’t have too much sugar” or “I did’ t eat that many refined processed/inflammatory foods” But what does that REALY mean? A food journal shows you in black and white the actual amount of food you ate, and the nutrient density of the food you are consuming day to day. You’ll be able to see if you’re consistent throughout the week.
- Learn what you’re eating and what you’re NOT Eating. Similar to the how much you are eating, a food journal also helps clarify what you’re eating and what your NOT eating. Sometimes what we are not eating is just as important as what we are eating. Sometimes selective memory takes over when it comes to sugary treats and other items we’re trying to limit in our diets. It’s also good to note your fruit and vegetable intake. Using a 7 day food diary provides great insight.
- Learn how much water you’re drinking. Do you think you drink enough water? is there room for improvement? water is one of the major keys to a healthy lifestyle.
- It holds you accountable. Tracking your food subconsciously holds you accountable to what you eat. It also can be used as a tool to keep you on track.
- Learn how you feel before and after certain foods. Ever feel sluggish after a meal? Do you notice you find yourself craving sugar or carbs? A food diary can help you identify which foods are helping and hurting your body. Sometimes simply cutting out a certain food or food group can work wonders for your physical, mental, and emotional state. We use a food diary on every patient we work with. A food diary can help our Functional Nutritionists “zero in” on problematic offending foods.
- Learn how Certain foods affect your Digestion and Stool- The foods we eat can affect our bowel digestion and bowel movements. Poor nutrition often shows up in the color, shape, size, smell and consistency of or bowel movements.
- Learn how Food Can Affect Quality of Sleep and Hours Of Sleep. The other bonus section lets you track your sleeping habits for the week. This is another area that can have a big impact on our health without us realizing it. You first need to see a clear picture of how much you’re sleeping to be able to determine what amount you want to start aiming for on a nightly basis.