Spicy Jambalaya with Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- 12 Aidell’s Cajun Style Chicken Sausages
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 24 Stalks of Celery
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cup Finely Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 6 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 3 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper (spicy)
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika 1 Teaspoon Oregano 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1/3-Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 limes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- Chop up the bell pepper, celery and onion. Dice the garlic.
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil, sauté the garlic, bell pepper, celery and onion for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Slice the chicken sausage into ¼ inch slices.
- Add the sausage and shrimp to the mixture and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Finally, add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (canned or fresh, dice extra fine), chicken broth, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, paprika, oregano, basil.
- Stir until all the ingredients are combined and simmer on low heat.
- While the jambalaya simmers, prepare the cauliflower rice.
- "Rice" the cauliflower in a food processor by pulsing it until it is in fine small pieces.
- Dice the garlic.
- Add the garlic, cauliflower and chicken broth to a medium frying pan.
- Sauté on high, stirring occasionally.
- Juice the lime over the rice.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of lime rind and add that to the rice as well.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes until rice is tender. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- To serve, Scoop 1 ½ Cups of jambalaya in a bowl and top it with 1/8th cup of cauliflower rice