Thai Crunch Salad
Recipe from Against All Grain
For the Dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter, salted but unsweetened
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup safflower oil
For the Salad
- 2 carrots
- ½ medium jicama, peeled
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, julliened
- 2 cups napa cabbage
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mango, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup boiled and cooled chicken breast meat, shredded (optional)
- ¼ cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Place all of the dressing ingredients, except for the oil, in your blender. Blend until combined.
- Remove the lid, and with the blender running on low, add the oil in a slow and steady stream. Reserve half for the salad, then bottle the rest and store in your refrigerator.
- Using the smallest grating blade on your food processor or cheese grater, shred the carrots and the jicama.
- Wash the cabbage, then cut it into thin strips using a sharp knife. Discard the bottom root portion.
- Divide the cabbage onto four plates, then top each plate with equal amounts of carrots, jicama, snap peas, cucumber, mango, chicken, and nuts.
- Drizzle each plate with 1 tablespoon of dressing, then top with fresh cilantro. Alternatively, pile it all into one bowl and serve from there!